Square Footage: 2,575
Lot Size: 7,544
Belvedere Island was originally settled by the wealthy of San Francisco in the nineteenth century as a summer retreat from the fog and chill of the city. The island is now connected to the Tiburon Peninsula, though it retains its own feel with its verdant hillsides, secluded winding roads and hidden walk-street stairways.Money Magazine ranked Belvedere as one of the top ten places to live in the world, and this home exemplifies the reasons why.
The stylish, contemporary four+ bedroom, three and a half bath house perches at the end of a secluded cul de sac on the eastern flank of Belvedere Island. Sweeping vistas encompass the Belvedere Lagoon, Old St. Hilary’s and the Tiburon ridge, Corinthian Island, Angel Island, Raccoon Strait, Berkeley, and the San Francisco Bay. Large decks upstairs and down, a landscaped courtyard, theatre/media room, and views from virtually every room in the house offer ample opportunities for indoor/outdoor entertaining and flow.
Private parking for four cars is located at the end of the quiet cul-de-sac. From here, a charming gate leads down a short flight of flagstone steps to a lush, terraced courtyard. The formal entrance opens to the lovely living room, bathed in light and views via a wall of glass opening onto a large, gracious deck.
Beyond the living room is the bright, open kitchen, separated from the dining area by a granite island. Modern stainless steel appliances include a brand new Wolf range, Thermador hood, Bosch dishwasher and KitchenAid refrigerator. French doors connect the dining area with the spacious deck. A mudroom and laundry room are adjacent to the kitchen, and lead to the courtyard beyond.
Also on the upper level of the home are the powder room, a large family room that could easily be converted to a fifth bedroom, an en-suite bedroom with water views, and a garden bedroom that serves beautifully as an office.
The en-suite master bedroom with a large walk-in closet and another en-suite bedroom are down a graceful flight of stairs. Also on this floor are a theatre/media room with retractable projection screen and a bonus study/play/sewing room. A second large view deck spans the lower level of the house.
Moments from Belvedere Park, The San Francisco Yacht Club, downtown Tiburon’s restaurants, shops, award-winning schools, and frequent ferries to San Francisco, this is an ideal home for families, couples who enjoy entertaining, and executives looking for the ultimate commute.
* 4 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath contemporary home on a secluded cul-de-sac on Belvedere Island
* Sweeping views of the Belvedere Lagoon, Old St. Hilary’s and the Tiburon ridge, Corinthian Island, Angel Island, Raccoon Strait, Berkeley, and the San Francisco Bay
* 2,540square feet
* Private off-street parking for four cars
* Verdant street-to-street lot with mature oak trees
* Multiple indoor and outdoor venues for entertaining, including large water-view decks, a south-facing landscaped courtyard, and a theatre/media room
* Airy, sun-drenched living room with gas fireplace
* Modern, open kitchen with high-end appliances, including Wolf, Thermador, Bosch, and KitchenAid
* Minutes to Belvedere Park, The San Francisco Yacht Club, and downtown Tiburon’s restaurants, shops, award-winning schools, and ferries
* Short commute to San Francisco by ferry, or by car via the Golden Gate Bridge